IQVIA Engagement Strategist in Parsippany, New Jersey
Job Description Summary:
IQVIA Medical and Patient Communications are looking for an Associate Director, Engagement Strategy, with leadership experience in translating insights and evidence into effective behavior-changing communications solutions for patients and healthcare professionals. As a member of a cross functional team that includes medical experts, program designers, content developers, and behavioral scientists, you will take responsibility for understanding the needs and behaviors of both HCPs and patients and leading the development of forward thinking and creative solutions across multiple channels. Thanks to our unique position within IQVIA™, The Human Data Science Company™, our collaborative offerings extend well beyond those of a traditional communications group, and you will have the opportunity to work with our colleagues specializing in medical affairs, commercialization, market access, and real world evidence to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients.
The ideal candidate will have senior-level experience designing multichannel initiatives that employ instructional design and adult learning principles in the delivery of education and engagement for health care professionals, and developing evidence-based patient support initiatives that incorporate principles of behavior change and health literacy. They will have a good understanding of industry best practices and innovative approaches to engagement. Familiarity with qualitative insights research and analytics, and understanding of the potential use of IQVIA data in developing a differentiated solution are appreciated. While expertise in US markets is required, this role is global in nature and we welcome applicants who have a desire and capability to drive innovation in engagement across other markets. We value proactive thinkers who have the ability and desire to work in multifunctional teams to create innovative communications solutions.
• Create insights-driven engagement strategies, across multiple communication channels to drive health care provider communications and patient support solutions
• Lead in the development of actionable solutions, including channels, messaging, and content to address beliefs, behaviors and needs across the stakeholder journey
• Partner with team members across the IQVIA ecosystem to design innovative solutions incorporating health literacy, adult learning, and instructional design to optimize success of all projects
• Brief team members to ensure effective and creative solutions to optimize customer experience
• Lead workshops with stakeholders including colleagues, clients, patients, and HCPs to optimize program design and execution
• Establish metrics to ensure program approaches meet program goals and to assess program impact
• Train Communications Team members on health literacy and instructional design principles
• Collaborate with Account Leads and other team members to proactively identify solutions and develop proposals for new business
• Represent the Communications Team within wider business unit and IQVIA collaborations as a subject matter expert in engagement strategy
Serve as subject matter expert in identifying innovative new approaches and options for communications channels and digital outreach
• Participate in internal and external thought leadership activities to establish and maintain strong presence and expertise
• Experience working with clients in the Bio-Pharmaceutical industry
• Proven knowledge and experience in translating insights into strategy and communications program design
• Strong leadership, communication, presentation and influencing skills
• Demonstrated research, writing, and mentorship skills
• Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Experience in leading global projects in a matrixed, multi-regional organization
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Strategic business and industry awareness and the ability to translate emerging industry trends relevant to the organization
• Ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment maintaining flexibility and changing priorities to meeting demanding timelines
• Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and articulate recommendations and solutions based on this analysis
• Strong organizational, planning, project management and logistics skills
• Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
• Graduate level degree focusing on health behavior, communications, or related disciplines and 8 years relevant experience within the pharmaceutical industry or agency environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled